New Adventures for Hannah:
Hannah has learned to drink out of straw. She is becoming more vocal, she says dada, dog, duck, ball, nana, mama, book, uh oh! and she has made up her own word for cup 'Boo'. Sometimes she will say bye and milk but not only when she wants to. She loves being outside and playing in the lava rock. Lately, she has become quite the little climber. Today, she was playing in the kitchen and when I turned around, she was sitting on top of the kitchen table. I couldn't believe it, and of course she had the biggest smile on her face. She was so proud of her accomplishment. I didn't even know that she could climb up into the kitchen chair so I was in stunned when she was on the table. Whats next, the crib???
Todd had an exceptional turkey season this year. He hunting in 3 states and killed at least one bird in each state.
Check out Hannah in her camo!
Todd and I both had birthdays in April. We went to Kentucky for a weekend to celebrate Todd's birthday. Oh wait, actually we went so he could hunt. I don't recommend taking a one year old to a hotel for the weekend with no vehicle to leave.
As I mentioned earlier, I ran in the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon on May 2nd. It was a great day and a great event. I had been pretty nervous the week heading into the race. I had a fear of being disappointed with my finish because I have to admit the last 2 years that I have done the mini, I was disappointed with my finish. But not this year, I had my best time. At the beginning of January, I remember talking to my dad about the mini and saying that I wish I could do it but I know that I would never have the time to do the training. Then at the beginning of March, I decided to make the commitment and start training. I had a great 2 months of training, and it paid off with a great finish. Dad and I both finished in 2:10:04, that is 9:57 mile pace.
My dad and Hannah after the race
I got to celebrate my 2nd mother's day on May 10th. Todd and Hannah got my a gift certificate to the spa. I can't wait to use it. Just got to find a time where I can fit it in. We went out for breakfrast, then to church and then had lunch at Todd's parents house. We then spent the afternoon at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment